The Australia Award scholarship is a long-term scholarship awards organized by the departments of Australia foreign affairs and trade(DFAT).
Besides, Australia award scholarships are fully funded for international students. the Australia award is obtainable for undergraduates, masters and Ph.D. studies and the scholarship provides the awardee with the full tuition fees, living expenses, establishments allowance, as well as travel allowance and more.
Australia is the largest country by area in Oceania and also Australia is the world’s sixth largest country. Australia is also the oldest, flattest, and also the driest inhabited continent with the least fertile soils in the world.
Therefore, Australia is also referred to as the smallest continent and one of the largest countries on planet earth.
Australia’s head of states is the queen Elizabeth the 2nd.
Currency Australian dollar ($) (AUD) Time zone UTC+8; +9.5; +10• Summer (DST) UTC+8; +9.5; +10;
Date format dd/mm/yyyy
Driving side left Calling code +61 Capital Canberra
Largest city Sydney Official languages None at the federal level National language English Religion(2021)
- 43.9% Christianity
- 38.9% No religion
- 3.2% Islam
- 2.7% Hinduism
- 2.4% Buddhism
- 1.7% Others
- 7.2% Unanswered
The Australia governments has created this Australia Award scholarship to support international students who have no financial support to sponsor their education, the Australia government has made it easy for such students with this dreams.
What Is Scholarship?
A scholarship is a payment made by an organization or government to support students on their education.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Participating Australian Institutions
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
Engineering & Technology
Business & Law
Medical and Applied Sciences
Nursing and Midwifery
Human, Health and Social Sciences
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
Australia Award Scholarship Benefits
- The scholarship covers the entire cost of the students who receive it.
- Under the Australia award scholarships, the Australian government will pay for the students’ housing as well as all other costs, including textbooks.
- Return air travel: The cost of one round-trip, economy class ticket to and from Australia taken by the shortest route.
- The will make a fortnightly contribution given at the amount decided by the departments toward the living expenses of the students receiving the scholarship.
- English language prep costs (PCE)
- Health insurance: OSHC for international students for the period of the grant.
- The Introduction Academic Program (IAP), which covers formal academic coursework on living and studying in Australia, is required.
- The Australia Award Scholarship Committee provides the scholar with additional educational support.
Eligibility Criteria For Australia Award Scholarship 2023-2024
- Here are some of the qualifications needed to be qualified for the Australia award scholarships.
- The applicants must be up to the required age for the Australia awards scholarship which is at least a minimum age of eighteen years of age (18).
- Must be a citizen of a participating country.
- The applicants should not be a current military serving personnel.
- The applicants will have to go through as well as reading the Australia Awards policy hand books(PDF).
- For you to be able to apply as well as be eligible for the Australia Awards scholarships you must not apply for a course at any academic level lower than the one you already have.
- You must be able to meet up with the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is been directed to. Therefore, the scholar’s who do not meet up with the requirements for the Australia Awards scholarship, as well as scholars who can not please the institution requirements will be withdrawn.
- Applicants do not need to be wed or in a committed relationship.
- He or she should be a law-abiding individual and should not have any criminal history.
- You can also strive to satisfy all of the home affairs department’s standards in order to maintain a student visa.
Furthermore, if you fail to meet the visa criteria, your scholarship offer will be canceled.
- Language Requirement:
The required language for the Australia award scholarships is English Language.
Qualified Countries For The Australia Award Scholarship For International Students
Here are the list of the eligible countries for the Australia Award scholarship
- ASEAN (Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand)
- Sri Lanka
- Vietnam Asia
- ASEAN (Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand)
- Sri Lanka
Federated States of Micronesia
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
And many other countries as well as continents you can check them out on the eligible countries websites.
Some Of The Host Universities
This are some of the universities that you may be opportune to study in if you are been given the Australia Award scholarship.
- Australian catholic University.
- Edith University.
- Bond University.
- Flinders university.
- Curtin University.
- Charles Darwin university.
- Charles Sturt University.
- Central Queensland University.
- Box hill Institute TAFE.
- The University of Sydney.
- The University of Newcastle.
- The university of Queensland.
- The university of New England.
- University of south Australia.
- University of technology Sydney.
- Victoria University.
- The Australia National University.
- The University of Western Australia.
- The university of Melbourne.
- Aviation Australia.
- Canberra Institute of Technology.
- Williams Angliss Institute of TAFE.
- The Australian Maritime collage.
A visa is a piece of paper that is attached to a passport and grants entry to any nation of the holder’s choosing if they are eligible. In the meanwhile, there are four different sorts of visas:
- Tourist visa.
- Immigration visa.
- Work visa.
- And lastly the students visa.
What Is A Student Visa?
Individuals who wish to study abroad as well as in Australia on a scholarship will be able to do so, but if you have been qualified for the Australia awards scholarship and have not been issued a students visa, you will be unable to fly from your home country to the university in Australia where you wish to study.
That is to say that you must obtain a students visa before been allowed to travel and study abroad.
A students visa is a visa issued to students which gives them the permit to enter into any country which they are eligible to study in.
Australia Students Visa
Australia students visa is a visa granted to students by the Australia governments which allows the visa holder to live, study and as well work in Australia for at least five years depending on the holders course and enriched time in the holders visa.
However, students in Australia will be allowed to work in Australia for about forty (40)hours per every fortnight during term days and an unlimited hours during breaks at schools.
This is to say that if you are offered a scholarship in Australia you can only come over to Australia with the help of an Australia students visa, at times, this students visa is be obtained for students under scholarship by their sponsors.
The Australia students visa is usually valid for at least five years(5).
Australia Students Visa Requirement
- You must have a good health.
- Age requirements: you must be up to 18 years old of age.
- Show a prove that you will be able to cover for your tuition fees, travel and living expenses.
- An evidence that you do not have any criminal record.
- Show a prove that you have made payments for the visa.
- If you are under the age of eighteen years(18) make a welfare arrangements.
How To Apply For The Australia Award Scholarship For International Students
Here are some of the steps to follow to apply for the Australia Award Scholarship:
- Go online.
- Search for the Online Australia Scholarships Information System.
- Then you will have to register online.
- You will be needed to answer some questions to make sure you are qualified.
- Then you will be issued a range number.
- You will be given a username and password as well.
- You will not be in heats to submit the application immediately.
- Click on the link below to apply for
- Stanford University Scholarship in USA.
Here is the date limit for the Australia Awards scholarship for international students.
The date limit for the Australia Awards Scholarship is depending on your country and the course you are applying for.
Can I Move My Family To Australia With A Students Visa?
This is one of the must questions students come up with and the answer to this question above is a yes.
You can apply to bring your family to Australia on your fundamental student visa application, or you can as well apply to have your family join you after your course begins. However, you should reveal your current family members on your students visa application, even if you don’t plan to travel with them to Australia.
Is It Hard To Get An Australia Scholarship?
The Australia scholarship is very competitive in nature it not hard rather it is like a competition that only the best students are chosen for the Australia Awards scholarship.
This is a brief conclusion of what the Australia Awards Scholarships is all about and the benefits of the scholarship, the Australia awards scholarship cover the tuition fee of the scholars and as well the living cost of the scholars.
The scholarship is to empower young undergraduates, PhD, Masters degree holders who do not have any financial support to complete their education as well as the ones who desire to study abroad the Australia Awards scholarships has made it so easy for such students, so students with such dreams should rush ad apply now for the online application.
To gain access to any institution in Australia where you desire to study or you are been offer a scholarship you will first of all get a students visa. Therefore, if you are about to study in Australia in a scholarship or individually you must first get an Australia students visa.(https://www.dfat.gov.au )